ICBE PAGE IN THE IIC-13 SOUVENIR PROGRAM
Igorot Cordillera BIMAAK-Europe (ICBE) Page in the Igorot International Consultation-13 (IIC-13) Souvenir Program*
CONGRATULATIONS to the ORGANIZERS of the IGOROT INTERNATIONAL CONSULTATION-13, TABUK CITY, PHILIPPINES, FEBRUARY 7-10, 2020!
And BEST WISHES to the PARTICIPANTS!
GREETINGS from IGOROT CORDILLERA BIMAAK-EUROPE (ICBE)
Igorot Cordillera BIMAAK Europe (ICBE) is an informal network of Igorot and Cordillera organizations and individuals in Europe. With its beginnings in 2002, the organizations are: Benguet Organisation UK; BIBAK Barcelona, BIBAK Ireland; BIBAK Marbella; BIBAK Switzerland; BIBAAK Madrid; BIMAAK Sweden, Cordillera Community in Belgium; Cordillera Migrant Workers Association of Milan and Como, Italy; Cordillerans in Italy of Bologna and Modena; Cordillerans in Rome; Dap-ayan di I-Montanyosa of northern Italy; Igorot Austria; Igorot Cooperative in Athens Greece; Igorot Frankfurt; Igorot in France Association; Igorot UK; MABIKAs Foundation-The Netherlands; ULNOS di Mountain Province, Rome Italy and United Igorot Association of Napoli. Individuals, who are in the network, are from Germany.
ICBE’s objective is to conduct biennial consultative gatherings aimed at preserving the Igorot Cordillera cultural heritage and passing it on to the next generation.
During the 17 years that ICBE existed (2002-2019), the network accomplished the following:
(1) Held 10 consultations every odd year from 2003 through 2019 (with the first in 2002 in Belgium). Venues were in Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, Germany, United Kingdom, Spain (Barcelona), Italy (Rome) and The Netherlands. These consultations were possible with the help of host organizations, group or foundation.
(2) In 2009, published a magazine, “Cordillera Rituals as a Way of Life” edited by Yvonne Belen.
(3) In 2011, published “Igorot Value Systems and Cultural Protocols” by Caridad B. Fiar-od.
(4) In 2015, published a Souvenir Program for the 8th ICBE Consultation through a committee headed by Cristabel Olat-Bounggick.
(5) In 2015, produced a photo exhibit of past seven ICBE Consultations (2002 - 2013) and exhibited during the 8th ICBE Consultation in Vienna. Rhino and Mechtheld Oblas (Germany) made the photo exhibit.
(6) In 2019, published a Souvenir Book, “ICBE Through the Years,” celebrating 10 years of ICBE consultations from 2002 through 2019. The book was edited by the 10th ICBE Consultation Preparatory Committee.
(7) In 2010, donated US $1,085.00 to the Igorot Scholarship Program (ISP) from sales of the ICBE magazine.
(8) In 2011, donated to the ICBE Scholarship Fund at the Ifugao State University (IfSU) from monies raised during the 6th ICBE Consultation.
(9) In 2014, initiated the “Balik Ili Reforestation and Cultural Exchange Programme” spearheaded by Conchita B. Pooten, in coordination IfSU.
(10) In 2014, donated PhP 30,000.00 to the ICBE scholarship fund at IfSU through the Balik Ili Group care of Conchita B. Pooten.
(11) In 2011, helped to raise funds for the publication of the Igorot Global Organization (IGO) book, “Igorot by Heart.”
(12) Through the years, individuals or groups in ICBE donated to the ISP.
(13) In 2003, Jürg Hafner (BIBAK Switzerland) set up the ICBE website: www.icbe.eu. In 2013, Glenn Amora (BIBAK Austria) replaced Jürg. Since then until the present, Glenn administers the website.
(1) BIBAAK Madrid, headed by Josephine Segundo, will host the 11th ICBE Consultation to be held in Madrid in 2021. Special features of the consultation will be:
(a) Commemoration of the 1887 Madrid Exposition where Igorots were exhibited and
(b) Recognition of Igorot Cordillerans in Europe as Achievers and Changemakers.
(2) A group of Igorots in Sweden, headed by Michelle Budaden, will host the 12th ICBE Consultation to be held in Sweden in 2023.
*This ad is sponsored by Yvonne Belen and Christina T. Moncado (MABIKAs Foundation-The Netherlands) and Amorsola Gayuchan from Folkestone, Kent, England. Ad layout is sponsored by Myra Zymelka-Colis (MABIKAs Foundation-The Netherlands). Special thanks to Maureen Belen-Loste for facilitating ad payment to IGO-Kalinga and Yvonne Belen for the ad text.
N.B. The above ad is an expanded version of the one sent to the IIC-13 Souvenir Program committee. (ykb)