This box in the ICBE website will complete the acronym, ICBE (Igorot Cordillera BIMAAK Europe.)
There’s already a box on “Igorot” and another on “The Cordillera” that includes the six provinces in the region (Abra, Apayao, Benguet, Ifugao, Kalinga, MountainProvince) and the city, BaguioCity. What's lacking is a box on “Europe.”
Title: Life in Europe
- To inspire,
- to inform and
- to entertain.
- Residents of Europe---first-, second- and third-generation Igorot/Cordillerans;
- For the second-generation, those who were born in Europe or born in the Philippines and came to the continent when they were in grade school, secondary school or college/university;
- Compatriots from the Philippine Cordillera who have been to Europe for holiday, conference or any other reason.
- Experiences of first-generation Igorots/Cordillerans during the first three or six months in their “country of residence” (henceforth, country),
- Experiences of second-generation Igorots/Cordillerans in their country or other European countries,
- Experiences of relatives or friends who came for a visit,
- Experiences when the family went on vacation in their country or other European countries,
- Anecdotes of Igorots/Cordillerans who have been to Europe for holiday, conference or any other purpose (for these anecdotes, you may use another name for your relative or friend),
- Stories of Igorot/Cordillera/BIBAK organizations when they went for an excursion in their country or other European countries and
- Other stories that Igorot/Cordillera residents in Europe would like to share.
- Stories could be long or short.
- Aside from prose, other forms could be poems, anecdotes, jokes.
- Put a byline in the article.
- Use font Times New Roman, size 12.
- Write 150-word profile of yourself as author---where you come from in the Philippine Cordillera, what you do now and where you are based outside the Philippines.
- Send final version of article, i.e., ready for posting.
Duration and Posting
- No time frame.
By Yvonne Belen
(on behalf of ICBE)
23 May 2014